Sunday, 3 May 2009

Two Challenges

Yesterday I managed to get 2 challenge cards made before I went out for my birthday meal here. Lovely food, and they were very accommodating about my Gluten intolerence.

Anyway, firstly DCM - the theme this week is 'Old McDonalds Farm' (thanks for putting that song in my head). So, I checked my stash for farmyard animals and came up with - yes - a pig. Excuse the pun, I couldn't resist. The lettering is made by running a sizzlits alphabet strip through my Side Kick - I won it ages ago for having a card in a readers gallery, as no way would I have actually bought it. Talk about fiddly.













Next up is the Basic Grey challenge and this week its a colour combo. Black + Grey + 1. Now this was tricky, but I found the scarlet letter paper for my background, and I stamped my butterfly (part of the set I won last week - see last post) & dragonfly onto Marakesh paper - oh and theres a brad in the middle of the big flower. You can't really see, but I've glued some black seed beads on the butterfly's body with diamond glaze. (Wish I could do that 'close up' thing that you see on other blogs).Normally I wouldn't use these colours together but I think it works - thats why I love these challenges.

14 comments:

Carol said...

Good Morning Clare!

Hope you had a great Birthday meal - that pub looks lovely.

Fabbie cards, that basic grey one is gorgeous...well done on winning the candy too....

take care, xx

Kathy said...

Happy Birthday - hope the meal was good!

Love your little oinky card and the flowery one is lovely too

seedlings mum said...

Hope you had a great birthday meal and both your cards are fab.

Sarn loves choc said...

BOTH great cards, but I especially like the blue and black flower one.

June Houck said...

Great BG card! So fun and whimsical...I love it!

Gez said...

Great cards Clare. I love the BG papers used & your flowers are gorgeous. Love your piggy card too!

Hope you had a lovely meal. xx

Love your new avatar. ~♥~

Rica said...

Two fabulous cards Clare and congrats on your last week'w win.
So nice that you could use it this week!! Fantastic choice of papers and colours (Have to say that - great minds think alike lol)and your layout and details are superb.
Thanks for playing along with us again at BG.
hugs Heather xx

Kelly said...

Love both of your cards! Now you've got me singing Old MacDonald! LOL.
Kel x

Ellepiggo by Vanessa said...

They're both fab cards. Love the oinkment sentiment! :) Hope you had a great birthday.

Vanessa.

Martine said...

oh your cards are soo pretty, thanks for playing along this week :)


xx

Martine

Sue said...

Two great cards, luv the piggy one what a great idea, sue.x

Sharri Seffens said...

Happy belated Birthday!

You did a great job on both challenges. I love the +1 you chose for the BG challenge.

Mad Stamper said...

Love this turquoise and black card, fab!

Chris said...

Such a cute card, I love the layout and your choice of colour. Glad you could join us at BG this week. Chris :)