Sunday, 24 January 2010

DCM - Whats the point

Quite an unusual theme on DCM this week, and although my entry is not a card so it may not qualify, it definately has a pointy roof. I got the idea for this BIA project from the Bubbly Scrumptious e-mag. I downloaded the template from here, where you can also see Sarah's gorgeous minibook made of fabric, and I borrowed her idea of using different size pages for the inside of the book. Another version of the theme is by Kathy here where I was inspired by her method of sectioning off the pages into rooms, so that you can keep a record of all the decorating and improvements done over the years. I was going to title it 'DIY Jobs' as I wanted to use monograms, but hubby thought it sounded a bit negative, so I changed it to 'Home Improvements' I've used Love Elsie papers that I've had forever and put off using because when theyre gone - theyr'e gone.


10 comments:

Janice said...

Ooh smart combination of different DT projects. Your book looks great.

Kaz said...

Oh that's fab Clare, love those papers xxx

Carol said...

great idea Clare! gorgeous papers too.... are you going to use it?

Kathy said...

You've done a great job here, Clare, well done on using all the ideas to create something so indivual

Lythan said...

that is absolutely amazing! thanks for getting the point with DCM this week :)

Lynda said...

A beautiful project - Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

Vanessa said...

I love it, its a fabulous pointy project. :)

Vanessa.

SueH said...

What a fab idea that is, think I may have to try making one of those!

Thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers this week.
Sue
x

Angelnorth said...

Really nice combo of the different bits of inspiration Clare, this looks fab!

Sharon said...

Gorgeous minibook.
I love those papers....x