Saturday, 9 January 2010

DCM - Birthstone Challenge

January's birthstone is the Garnet, and this weeks dare at DCM is to make a card featuring this somehow. Well the stone is a deep red, and 'a gift of garnet is thought to be symbolic of love'. So from my pile of half finished projects, I rescued this cake shaped card which is suitable for a wedding, and added some um.... red things.










This next card is for the Bubbly Funk 25th club. The idea is to make a christmas card (or maybe more than 1) by the 25th of each month, so that by December you will have some put by. As my NYR is to be a little more organised I have decided not to put my Xmas craft stuff away, but to leave it where I can fall over it in the craft room. Joanne has set the theme this time - its a recipe to include turquoise or blue and aaaaaagh silver - I forgot that bit. Also a swirl and something sparkly.

12 comments:

Gez said...

Wow, Clare both your cards are stunning. What a great start to your new years crafting.xx

Lythan said...

Christmas cards already - so organised! And I lvoe that cake shaped one sooo much. Thanks for going Garnet with DCM :)

Kathy said...

You are doing soooo well with your "rescued" projects, Clare
The wedding cake card is a fab idea for The Daring Cardmakers and I love your Thingie-Word card too ;)

Di said...

Fab cards Clare, love them both x

Janice said...

Nooooo 'Let it snow' are you mad lol! Your card is lovely but we don't want any more snow thanks. Love the garnet cake card too, very clever and the ribbon and heart is really lovely.

Kaz said...

I love them both Clare, the garnet card is stunning xx

tracy said...

lovely cards ;) the cake is great :)

Traceyr said...

Love the garnet card and could be used for a ruby anniversary too! Well done on finishing another project from your unfinished pile.

Your 25th recipe card is great too - love the fibre used and the snowman.

:)

Sharon said...

I love the shape of your "garnet" card!
Your "25th club" card is beautiful too....x

Angelnorth said...

Your wedding cake looks fantastic, love the red additions on there! Great job on the 25th Club card too - I haven't got going yet!

SueH said...

What a fab Wedding card, I love the shape of it.

Thanks for joining us at the Daring Cardmakers this week.

Sue
x

Caroline said...

Lovely cards Clare - love the shaped card and good on you for doing the Bubbly Funk 25th Club too....x