Sunday, 11 October 2009

Challenges this week

This week I have still been making a box of cards for my friend to take to her office, but in between I have managed a couple of challenges. Firstly on Papertake Weekly it's a sketch - I have done a couple of baby cards using papers from DCWV Nana's Nursery















Next on Rosie-Dee's the challenge is 'Coffee & Cream with a cherry on top'. I took this literally and made good use of my cherry stamps. The cupcake is topped with a liquid that turns into bubbly stuff when it is heated up (great technical description) and i've added some brown sprinkles to make it look edible. Well that's the idea!













Finally, here is a picture of the matchbox I sent in the swap over on UKS. The idea was to decorate a matchbox and fill it with embellishments in your partners chosen colour, and send it off. I had great fun doing this and received a lovely matchbox in return.

10 comments:

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Hi Jill! Hope you're keeping well.

Great creations. I especially love your Rosie-D's entry this week. Looks good enough to eat!

Thanks for joining us.

Rosie
x

Rosie (Freycob) said...

OOps, sorry Claire. Can you tell I opened 2 links at the same time and called you Jill! It was only when I was going to call Jill Claire that I realised my mistake. Sorry!!!!

My excuse is I've had a really rough weekend (see my own blog for more details).

xxxxx

Janice said...

Your cupcake does look edible, great card. The matchbox looks lovely too, what a pretty flower.

Karen said...

oooo lovely creations Clare!!!! The matchbox swap sounds like fun!!

Thank you so much for taking part in R/D's challenge this week XXX

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at Rosie-D's with a very yummy card!!!!

Saskia :)

Angelnorth said...

Great cards Clare - I love your edible-looking cupcake and that matchbox looks lush!

brenda said...

Hi Clare

Great cards and your RD one is fab, the icing on the cupcake looks real.

Thanks for joining us at Rosie D's.

B x

Scrappy~Sarah said...

yummy cards in more than one way....they look fantastic :) TFS

wendy said...

I love the cake card! The background of cherries looks great and the icing is so realistic with the chocolate sprinkles-I think we need another trip to stamp addicts soon for more inspiration!

i love the flower on the matchbox too!

tracy said...

love your cards clare :)